Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Week 1: Beijing, Los Angeles, Shangri-la My Favorite Places

Actually, as for me, there are not places in the world which are my favorite places since where I was, where is my favorite places; furthermore, I think I need to travel a lot of places; if I had to drop three places name, I will say Beijing, Los Angeles, Shangri-la.

1. Beijing, China
I was not born in Beijing, but I lived in there several years. Beijing is city which is the center of economic, politic, culture, history of China; furthermore, Beijing is extremely beautiful, natural scenery, lots of ancient buildings (for example Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Great Wall and so on)Forbidden Citys spectacular which will never let you down!ex, Forbidden City

The Forbidden City(The Palace Museum) commons picture in diffchina.com

2. Los Angeles, California, United States
I have been to Los Angeles several times and also lived in there about 2 months, I love this place so much. During the time when I was in Los Angeles, I traveled to Malibu, San Diego, Long Beach, Hollywood, Disney land and Universal Studio; Los Angeles is a beautiful city, although it has the heavy traffic, but I still enjoyed in this city, since staying in busy life gives me challenge and feeling that I am living in this world.

a picture took by Larry Wilson in panamericanworld.com

3. Shangri-la, Yunnan Province, China
I traveled to Shangri-la when I was 15 years old, when I went to there, I felt I was fall in love in this beautiful place so deeply. It is extremely hard for my to describe its beautiful, I just want to say your have one opportunity to travel to China, you should go there- Shangri-la, which is a fairyland on earth! Shangri-la

the picture in vistourchina.com




2 comments:

  1. What a fun post, Yuli! LA and Beijing are two of the great cities of the world... and Shangri-La belongs to one of the great mythological traditions of the world! How wonderful! You could even turn Shangri-La into a project for this class. One student did a project on Utopias and included Shangri-La as one of the three stories. If you are curious what she did with the old myth of Shangri-La, you can see it here:
    A Journal of Three Voyages to Utopia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will see A Journal of Three Voyages to Utopia and consider to put Shangri-La into a project for this class. Thanks for your suggestion. :)

      Delete