Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Week 1: Exploring the Un-Textbook

As far as I am concerned, it is hard for me choose couple of units to explore, but I still look up and choose some.

Week 2: I usually interested in the old fairy story, thus I would choose Apuleius's Cupid and Psyche; when it comes to the old fairy story, I always like reading  "A Cinderella Story", I am sure that almost all girls love this story and expect the beautiful life in the future.


Week 3: Aside from being undeveloped, I would like to choose Chinese Fairy Tales, I was born in China, there is no doubt that I am familiar with Chinese fairy stories, furthermore, Chinese fairy stories are fascinating to me, I would like to introduce more about Chinese stories.

Week 4: I believe that the children from the world heard the stories of the Brothers Grimm during they grow up, the classic stories, such as The Three Pigs and other famous stories attract lots of children love it. Thus I would choose English Fairy Tales I as the Week 4 reading.

Week 5: When it comes the  English Fairy Tales II, which attracts me and in my opinion, English Fairy Tales  is brilliant and which is enough interesting that will allow me to use much time to read it.

Week 6: Here is the choice for me: Japanese fairy tales (Lang), I have to say that Japanese fairy tales have an air of mystery, which always having some magical creatures such as a supernatural sparrow to construct the whole tales.

Week 7: As for me, I never read the story from American Indian Fairy Tales, thus I want to choose American Indian Fairy Tales to read. The stories are inspired by the Ojibwa and other Native American legends, I would feel difference when I read these stories.

Week 8: As for as I am concerned, I also want to read the unit of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, I known that this story was made as different kinds of movies, I really this story, the fairy land that Alice experienced also make me interested in.

Week 9: In reference to the book that I want to read, there is Alice's Looking- Glasses, I have to say that I was attracted by the novel of Alice, the interested fairy land attracts me to think more to be deeply image the screen.

Week 10: And for this unit, I will chose Europa's Fairy Book, which is the brilliant unit that includes interesting stories, such as Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Puss in Boots, Hansel and Grethel, The Valiant Little Tailor. I heard the stories from Europa's Fairy Book during the time of growing up.

Week 11: My choice for this week is definitely The Life of Buddha, the stories in this unit are from the resource of Buddha and the histories. Some of the stories are true, I am really interested.

Week 12: Definitely, I will choose the unit from Monkey King, this story is from a famous ancient author of China, I never realized that Sun Wu Kung is extremely famous out of China, I really invested in this story since I always read this novel and watched Monkey King when I was a child.

Week 13: There is no doubt that I will choose Faerie Queen - Britomart in this unit, the story tells that  a virtuous lady knight, Britomart, who is a beautiful lady and ride in the forests. This description makes me interested in.

Week 14: In the end, I would still choose the unit of Europa's Fairy Book, because in this book, there are a number of brilliant stories that attract reader to fall in and enjoy in.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Yuli, I am so happy you found these topics you like - super! I just wanted to leave you a quick note about the class calendar: the idea is that the weeks are organized by area, so that people are reading in the same general area each week, even if they are choosing different books. So, you can do Cupid and Psyche in Week 2 ... but the Chinese Fairy Tales you need to do in Week 6 or 7 which is the Asia section, and then the English Fairy Tales would be in Week 11 or 12 when people are reading British books. Does that make sense? So, start with Cupid and Psyche, and then you can decide what you want to do for Week 3 from the other Classical units or the Biblical units. I hope that makes sense! And I am so glad you found all these options that interest you!

    ReplyDelete