Thursday, August 21, 2014

Week 1 Storybook Favorites

One project I looked at was Shadows Of The Ishvara. The words that Brahma:Born in the Water Lotus attracts me to focus on this story, which make me consider more. In addition,  I picked this one because I am very aware of the contemporary history of India histories, I also felt this story is extremely attractive. Moreover, the topic is entirely new, I never read the stories like this Shadows told, the title did a good job let me in the introduction. Broadly speaking, the design of the page affect my reaction to the introduction, it is mysterious.

The next Storybook I looked at Peter Pan, actually it is a familiar story for me, I read this story when I was child. I have to say in the introduction, the picture that the author choose is especially attractive, there is a picture of Peter Pan's statue. Furthermore, the typeface of the handwriting is extremely different, which makes me feel a bit hard to understand, which is rough. However, because the topic of the Peter Pan and Tinkerbell, which rise the interesting in this story. In general, the design of this storybook is brilliant.

The last one I looked at was The Four Beauties of China, since I was born in China, this story is familiar for me. The author is creative that he stood on shoes of lucky cricket to tell the reader the story of the four beauties, it is the smart action and that will get more attention to be attracted. Because the Four Beauties of China lived in different dynasties, using the view of lucky cricket is really smart and is able to intrude very clear. However, the design of the storybook is beautiful, especially for the first picture; however, the picture that the author used for the Chinese ancient emperor is not realistic.

All in all, I like these three projects so much, all contents in the storybooks are different. The telling and the design of the picture placement are brilliant and attractive.

Here is the picture one of Chinese ancient emperor, Zhu Yuanzhang, who is the emperor in Ming dynasty.
Picture in www.reachtoteachrecruiting.com
This picture is from the drama of "The Legend of Zhen Huan", this drama tells the life of empress in Qing Dynasty. The picture above is that the emperor are talking with his empresses. 


No comments:

Post a Comment